mercoledì 1 agosto 2012

Introducing a teacher to Free Software

Yesterday I installed Fedora on two machines owned by a person who teaches English language in schools. She almost didn't know anything about Free Software, since I think that teachers are very important people which to teach free software topics, I spent some hours with her, giving her some useful infos about it. I also introduced her to a important website about free software usage in schools and I told her the hazards of teaching propertary software to children. This website is: http://www.dossierscuola.it/


I also introduced her to LaTex, since I seriously think every teacher should known it perfectly. I noticed she really enjoyed it, and I gave her some guidelines to start working on it.

Her machines which I installed Fedora on, are:
  • Acer laptop with Core 2 Duo CPU and 4 Gb RAM memory. I installed KDE spin since the RAM amount was very good.
  • HP laptop with Pentium M 1.8 Ghz CPU, and 1 Gb RAM memory. I installed LXDE spin since the RAM amount was not so high.

1 commento: